For a list of the current TDL Contract Members please click here.
The Turfgrass Diagnosis Lab Offers:
- Rapid disease diagnosis and recommendations
- Reports containing detailed management recommendations and color photographs, a $50 value
- Half-day site visits (following a sample submission)
The TDL Also Actively Conducts Research and Outreach on:
- Fungicide evaluations
- Cultivar evaluations
- Turfgrass management studies
- Snow mold and summer field days
Contracting with the TDL provides these services and resources to you year-round.
The TDL’s contract structure provides flexibility for your facility to obtain the maximum benefit at an affordable price. For every $100 you contribute to the TDL as a contract member you receive one free sample plus a complimentary report (a $50 value). For example, if you contribute $500 to the TDL as a contract member for a given year you are entitled to five sample submissions plus five written reports. In addition to sample submissions and written reports, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Biweekly e-mail updates throughout the growing season describing current turf health problems as well as what to watch out for in the coming weeks.
- Disease alert e-mails when environmental conditions become especially favorable for damaging diseases like brown patch and Pythium blight.
- A complimentary copy of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Turfgrass Research Reports showcasing all the latest turfgrass research being conducted at the UW-Madison.
- For contract members at the $1,000 level or higher, an unlimited number of samples may submitted in a single season. This setup is ideal for municipalities or ownership groups that manage and maintain several sites
How to Become a Contract Member:
There are two convenient ways to become a contract member with the Turfgrass Diagnostic Lab.
1) The most convenient method is to sign up online using your credit card. Simply click here to visit our secure online pay page and type in the level of membership you prefer in the ‘Amount’ box. Type in ‘newmember’ in the ‘Invoice’ box, and be sure to fill out your name, company, and email address at the top. We accept VISA, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and Diners Club. The lab will contact you within 48 hours to confirm your membership and obtain further information (preferred mailing address, phone number, etc).
2) If you prefer not to or are unable to use a credit card, download and print the contract form and fax, email, or mail it to the TDL. Upon receipt of your completed form the TDL will send to you an invoice for the appropriate pledge level. Upon receipt of your payment the TDL will mail you sample submission boxes, diagnosis-submission forms, and instructions on submitting samples. At the end of each calendar year, the TDL will send a renewal form, which you can renew online or return with your payment.